Eligibility of CSIR-NCL to receive CSR Funding:
- CSIR is a registered Society under Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- The President of the Society is the Prime Minister of India and the Vice President is the Minister of Science and Technology and comprises several other eminent persons from different walks of life.
- CSIR is registered u/s 12A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. CSIR has been approved under Section 10(23C)(lV) of Income Tax Act 1961 for assessment year 2010-11 onwards as Charitable institution.
- CSIR is eligible for CSR funding support from Corporates under Section 13, Schedule VII of Companies Act, 2013 after the amendment dated 11th October 2019 vide gazette notification number G.S.R 776(E).
- CSIR-NCL being a constituent laboratory of CSIR, is eligible for CSR funding support from Corporates.
- The Approval of Registration for CSIR to undertake CSR activities (document available on request).
CSR Funding for Research Activities at CSIR-NCL
Extract from Schedule VII, ix(b) of the Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013 (Date: 24th August 2020 )
Contributions to public funded Universities;... National Laboratories and autonomous bodies established under ... Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), engaged in conducting research in science, technology,
engineering and medicine aimed at promoting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Link